The TRUE brownie snob…

Bakes brownies FAST and HOT and cools them in an ice bath.

brownies 006

Truly.

 brownies 007 

This IS the secret.

brownies 008

Here’s the basic recipe (I use only 1 cup of sugar). 

Instead of the cake-y brownies we’ve had in past, the ones in the picture were baked for 15 minutes at 400°F.

The TRUE brownie snob also knows that since brownies like these consist of equal parts butter and chocolate, and that at 4 ounces each, there’s almost TWICE as much of either ingredient as there is of flour, there is absolutely no point in trying to make GREAT brownies with anything other than pure butter.

But I’m sure you knew that already, right?

Comments

  1. I've never used an ice bath for brownies before. I'll be sure to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this technique before (Alice Medrich cookbook), but never tried it. I guess the idea is crusty on outside and creamy on inside, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Okay, guys... I'm turning moderation OFF on all my blogs. I will be patrolling for spam, so play nice!

Know what else you're gonna love?

Baking in Israel? Beware of FAKE condensed milk

Super-Easy Thick, Spreadable, Bakeable DIY Cream Cheese in Israel

Easy, tender, and affordable roast in Israel… yes, it IS possible!

More delicious kosher morsels!